- C, C++,
Perl 5, Java 2, Python 2.5
- Win32: Windows 95 ~ Windows XP
- Linux (Red Hat, Debian), Mac OS X (Unix)
- Software Tools: cvs, subversion, make, gcc,
Visual C++ Studio, Eclipse
- Networked applications, sockets, protocols,
theory and practical
- Single, Multi, and Massively Multiple Player Game
Design, theory and practical
- Familiarity: GNOME/Gtk, OpenGL 3D,
Visual Basic, ODBC, XML methods,
- Technical, personal and project management for small to
- Proven solid end-user software
development: code running on more
than 100 million computers worldwide
- Proven solid entertainment service
development: millions of user-hours
running on massive multiplayer internet
- Proven solid high-availability service
development: production cycle supporting
millions of transactions on mission-critical
airline engine diagnostics service
- windows development (10+ years)
- Expert at developing with Windows: involved in the
development of Windows 3.1x and Windows 95 itself. Developed
user interface features and system diagnostic applications
for the Windows 95 product. Developed common controls
and user interface features for the Windows for Workgroups
3.11 product. Developed accessory applications, user
interface features, and development tools for the Windows
3.1 product. Developed applications for scientific groups
using Windows 2.0/286 and Windows 3.0 as a
platform. Throughout and since, I've served as a technical
resource, advising, troubleshooting and teaching other
developers through the use of proper Windows programming
- c++/mfc development (10+ years)
- Designed and developed Grid-Oriented Modeling (GO),
a post-flight jet engine modeling system, which requires
steady-state models taking gigabytes of modeling samples
through lengthy calculations; GO Modeling aimed to support
these in a high-throughput production environment.
- Designed and developed a realtime graphical
interface for training users on operating gas turbine
engines, JETS. Throughout and since, I've served as a
technical resource, advising, troubleshooting and teaching
other developers through the use of proper C/C++, MFC,
and cross-platform user interface techniques.
- Expert at developing with C++/MFC: involved in the design
of MFC 1.0 itself. Developed MFC 1.0 specification and
feature set with the AFX (Application Frameworks) team at
Microsoft. Prototyped specification and feature set for
AppWizard and ClassWizard of Visual C/C++
- perl, java, python development (7+ years)
- Designed, developed, served as principal architect and
project manager for high-availability engineering software
for processing diagnostic data for jet airline engines,
the PRISM Project.
- Designed, developed, served as principal architect, engineer
and project manager for multiplayer entertainment software
project, the Screenplay Project.
- Designed and developed a general purpose application
networking class library for Open Source software projects,
the Kata Project. Extended this library for use
on the Android embedded Java platform.
- Developed training materials to teach Perl scripting to
non-developers in aerospace engineering field. Submitted
Open Source Perl library modules to CPAN. Donated time and
resources to the Open Source community, assisting Linux and
Windows oriented C, Perl, Java and Python developers with
project coordination, architecture and design questions,
technical support, and general methodology
(Blender, Inkscape, Hugin).
- embedded software development
- Member of the software toolchain team supporting the
newest FADEC embedded control systems for jet engines.
Designed, developed MATLAB solutions to organize highly
complex control systems with layered redundancy and
interleaved real-time scheduling.
- Designed, developed assembled and programmed printed
circuit boards incorporating microcontrollers for information
displays and real-time sensor monitoring on miniature
- digital image handling and human interfaces
- Experienced at developing attractive and smooth
human-computer interaction. Developed user interfaces for
applications on many platforms including Apple ][ in 1979,
IBM PC in 1981 and on, DEC PDP 11/4 in 1988, Silicon Graphics
IRIS in 1988 and 1994 and on, Microsoft Windows in 1988 and
on, Linux in 2001 and on. Developed raster digital image
processing methods for panoramic montage photography,
document scanning and handling, and 2D and 3D
scientific/engineering visualization applications.
- digital artwork
- Experienced at developing digital artwork for attractive
application interfaces. Developed artwork for serious and
entertainment applications. Developed small and large format
artwork; various architectural and artistic mathematical
projections; black and white, limited palette, color
separation, print halftoning, full color; raster digital
image processing methods including document handling and
scientific/engineering visualization applications; scalable
vector and raster artwork; texture map and tiling elements;
mockups and final products; scalable vector and raster
- entertainment development
- Developed, planned, served as technical lead and project
director for internet multiplayer entertainment titles, with
hot-download server and client updates, for Meridian
59. Designed, developed, served as technical lead and
project managers for single/multiplayer entertainment titles,
including Metal Marines. Designed, developed, served
as technical lead and project manager for a multiserver,
multiplayer graphics adventure system, and its first
adventure title, sprawl.com: state of chaos.
- recent work
- Pratt & Whitney 2002-present
(per contract via InfoTech Software Solutions)
Embedded Tools Coordinator, 'Next Generation Product Family FADEC'
Software Project Manager, 'EHM Plus Model Optimization (GO)'
Software Project Manager, 'EHM Plus MATLAB Integration (PRISM)'
Software Project Manager, 'Virtual Reality Toolset (Valkyrie)'
Software Project Manager, 'Joint Engine Test Simulator (JETS)'
Software Training Author, 'Perl for Engineers'
- explorati, inc. 1998-2001
Architect, 'Screenplay' project
- The 3DO Company (1-415-261-3000)
Director, 'Meridian 59'
- Mindscape, incorporated
Software Project Manager, 'sprawl.com: state of chaos'
Software Project Manager, 'Metal Marines Masters Edition'
Software Technical Lead, 'Metal Marines'
incorporated (1-206-882-8080) 1990-1993
Software Development Engineer, 'Windows
95', User Interface (SHELL) Team
Software Development Engineer, 'Windows
3.1', User Interface (SHELL) Team
Program Manager, 'Microsoft
Foundation Classes 1.0', C/C++7.0
- Phase Shift Incorporated (unavailable) 1988-1990
Software Developer, 'phase shifter'
laser interferometry data visualization
- University of Arizona
three years of computer science and engineering
system operator of chemistry department sgi/unix
and dec/pdp mainframes